Fiverr is one of the world’s largest Freelance marketplace. Getting orders on Fiverr is dependent on creating an attractive GIG that gets orders. When freelancers do not pay attention to minor details while creating a GIG, they doubt if it worth spending time on Fiverr. If you are a struggling freelancer on Fiverr and wondering why am I not getting orders on Fiverr, here’s what you could be doing wrong.
As a freelancer who has been doing freelancing for almost 2 decades, one question I am asked a lot is ‘Sir, why am I not getting orders on Fiverr?’
I am going to explain every single factor that is very important, ignored, or perhaps overkilled resulting in a lack of orders on your Gig.
1- Lack of English/Communication Skills:
Your Gig is your resume and it can’t have serious English blunders such as:
- “I am delivering a top-quality working service with 100% missile accuracy.”
- “I have worked at 200+ projects in many other marketplaces. I’m a champion so don’t confuse about my skills please.”
- “Before you ordering – Please please please, talk to me and brief your task project details”
- “I am the best, you try – I deliver”
- Choose me I am best otherwise your loss.
- Need work, don’t fear – Raj is here.
Regarding English and communication blunders, I could go at length — but, I will stop here. A native English-speaking client would not pay heed to such Gigs and move to the next Gig for placing their order.
What’s the solution?
I understand, English is not your first language if you are an Asian but at least, one can try to improve it. One of the best ways to improve English is by reading a lot of English books, watching TV, and conversing with someone in English. With practice, you will get better. I highly recommend using Grammarly’s free widget that can be downloaded on your browser. It points out a spelling mistake in your writing, identifies the tone of your content too.
2- Your Price doesn’t make any sense:
$5 for 2 hours—that’s $2.50 per hour. $40 for 10 hours—that’s $4 per hour. The larger the order, the more is the price per hour. This is not attractive pricing. You’ve to understand, the pricing should be standard.
3- Stop praising yourself:
If your Gig is all about you, how excited you are, how interested you are to get the new order and waiting for a response, or perhaps, you are new on Fiverr but you have 10 years of experience. All of this doesn’t work, stop doing this!
Instead. shift the focus to the client. Tell them what you can do for them.
In my opinion, the above three elements are very important for creating an attractive Gig. Summarizing them again for you.
- Clean up the English. Again, use the Grammarly widget.
- Put a pricing program that makes sense. Don’t charge at will.
- Explain what you can do for the client.
You Should Also Do This:
1. Optimize your Gig description. Spend some time by looking at what others have done on their Gig. A Good Gig is friendly, to the point, concise, uses correct categories and keyword tags. It is very important to break apart keyword phrases when you create tags
2. Create all possible Gigs you are allowed. This is basic, common-sense advice. The more Gigs you have, the higher the chances of getting an order. What is the point of not utilizing this offer?
3. Create similar Gigs with slightly different types of services. It is often noticed that when one Gig gets sold, others already begin to rank higher. Having more Gigs with a specific keyword tag helps to get more orders. A specific keyword tag will help a seller rank well for that term.
4. Promotion is very important. This is what you call a ‘dirty job’ and have to spread out the word about your Gig. You can do it through word of mouth advertisement, using social media, email promotion.
Submitting Offers to buyer requests:
Buyer offer is similar to projects posted on Upwork on Guru. The client posts a project for Fiverr freelancers to place an offer.
When buyers do not find what they are looking for in a Gig, they post a Buyer offer. If your Gig matches the subject of an offer, you see the offer request and can respond directly.
For example, if a client is asking for 20 video testimonials for a project, you offer video testimonials in your Gig, you will see the buyer’s Gig (offer) request.
Note: Misuse of the Buyer Request feature by advertising your services as a seller leads your account to suspension (disabled)
The post Why am I not getting orders on Fiverr? first appeared on Being Guru.