Refugees and asylum seekers are required the pay international student tuition fees, which prohibits most from being able to study and advance their education and career prospects. As a premier educational
institution, the University of Queensland sees it a humanitarian obligation to assist people in the most difficult of situations to be able
to pursue their educational goals.
This scholarship is available in
- Post Graduate (Masters, PhD)
Any area of study offered by the UQ
- The UQ Refugee and Humanitarian Scholarship award covers tuition fees each semester. The award will run for the duration of the program listed on the scholarship letter. In addition to the tuition scholarship, UQ will also pay an annual living stipend of $8000.
- 100% tuition fee waiver each semester, plus $8000 annual living stipend
- The stipend will be paid directly into the designated bank account provided by the student. A stipend
payment of $4000 will be paid into the student’s bank account after Census Date each semester.
Domestic students, International students
- an applicant is in Australia and currently on a Bridging Visa ‘E’ (subclass 050), Temporary Protection Visa (subclass 785) or a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (subclass 790)
- an applicant has obtained an offer to study at UQ and therefore have met the academic and English Language entry requirements for the purposed program of study
- an applicant will be enrolling in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program at UQ
UQ’s Gatton campus is classified as regional area and may meet your visa requirements. Please check your visa conditions before accepting your offer to study and apply for the Scholarship.
Recipients that obtain permanent residency status where they become eligible to defer their tuition fees under a Commonwealth Supported Place are no longer eligible to receive the Scholarship (stipend and
To be eligible for entry to most UQ programs, you need to meet UQ minimum English language requirements (overall IELTS of 6.5 and 6.0 in all sub-bands or equivalent). For some programs, you must meet higher than usual English requirements. You can find more information about language requirements
You must :
- submit the documents you supplied for your admissions application to be assessed.
- The UQ Future Students Office will review your application and supporting documents to assess your eligibility to enter the degree program you have applied to enter. You are required to meet all eligibility requirements for your chosen degree program, including any prerequisites for the degree program. You can located entry requirements, including any prerequisites at future-students.uq.edu.au
- The Sponsored Students unit within Global Engagement and Entrepreneurship will manage the Scholarship on behalf of the University. The Sponsored Students unit is experienced in managing both Australian Government and international scholarship programs and students. You can email email@example.com with your questions.
- Applications are to be submitted on the prescribed electronic form with supporting documentation attached. If you experience difficulties in uploading supporting documentation, you can forwarded the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by email or post prior to the closing date.
Apply Online or visit : Official Website
Scholarship due date
Opens : 1 April 2021
Closing date : 30 June 2021
- Top 10 Free Scholarships In The World
- Brown Group Biomedical Engineering And Materials Scholarships At QUT