This scholarship is available for PhD programs at the University of Amsterdam in the Netherlands.
Area of Study.
Below the list of fields available for this scholarship program.
- Machine Learning
The University of Amsterdam will provide a salary range from €2,395 to €3,061 gross per month to the successful candidates.
Scholarship Eligible Nationalities:
International Students are eligible for this scholarship program.
- Masters’ degree (preferably a Research Master´s or MPhil degree) in Econometrics, Mathematics or a related field;
- GMAT or GRE score of no more than five years old (for students with a Master degree obtained from a non-Dutch university). An indication of the minimum score required is 85%;
- proof of English proficiency through a TOEFL test (score of at least 100 on the internet based test and 600 on the paper based test) or IELTS test (minimum score of 7.5), where the scores were obtained no more than two years before the application.
- Task-related requirements:
- excellent speaking and writing ability in fluent English, ideally with experience writing for a scientific audience;
- willingness and motivation to independently formulate research projects and carry them through to completion;
- excellent organizational skills;
- experience conducting empirical research;
- statistical skills and command of standard software packages for analysing data (e.g., R, Python), and a strong willingness to develop these skills further.
- strong motivation to pursue an international career as a leading scholar;
- strong commitment to methodological rigor and scientific integrity;
- energy and passion for statistics and machine learning;
- intellectual curiosity, eagerness to learn, and openness to criticism;
- proof of ‘good citizenship’ beyond academic achievements (i.e., volunteering experience).
Application Documents required
- a letter of motivation;
- a description of the candidate’s primary research interests and ambitions;
- a CV;
- a grade list for the most recently completed degree;
- a sample of completed research work (i.e., thesis proposal);
- 2 letters of reference (preferable by thesis advisor);
- and recent test scores (GMAT/GRE, TOEFL/IELTS) if applicable.
Any interested students who wish to apply for this scholarship program must
- apply for formal admission at the University of Amsterdam. You must apply for the PhD Degree course work.
- after admission, you can apply for the Scholarship program through an online application. See details on the link provided below.
Application Due date:
The deadline of the scholarship is 01 May 2021 (annually)