Successful students will be required to participate in the Vice-Chancellor’s Professional Excellence Program.
- Scholarship Program
Deakin Full Tuition Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships for South Asian Students in Australia is available to undertake Undergraduate level programs at Deakin University.
- Scholarship benefits
100% of the total indicative tuition fee stated on your Letter of Offer.
Priority place for on-campus accommodation (at own cost and subject to availability).
- Field of Study
Any field of Study offered by Deakin University
- Eligibility criteria
To be eligible, all the below selection criteria must be met:
- Applicant must be a citizen of South Asian countries
- Applicant should be residing in a South Asian country
- Applicant should be applying through a Deakin authorised agent based in a South Asian country
- Applicant should meet the below mentioned academic eligibility criteria
This scholarship program is only for these countries
Academic eligibility criteria
- 85% overall in Year 12 scores of CBSE / ICSE / State Board; OR
- 10 overall in the General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) / A Level; OR
- 32 overall in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP); OR
- 80% overall in an undergraduate degree.
You are required to submit:
- a personal statement (300 words)
- two references who can comment on your community engagement and/or leadership capacity
- a completed application to study at Deakin including academic transcripts.
- Your personal statement must be written by you and reflect your personal views. It should contain:
- an outline of why you want to study at Deakin University
- an overview of any extracurricular activities and work experience (paid or voluntary) you have undertaken
- why you think you would make an outstanding ambassador for Deakin University
- any other information that will assist your application.
- You may also be asked to attend an interview.
How to Apply
All prospective students who apply will be automatically assessed for the scholarship and will be advised of the outcome after going through the selection process. There is no need to complete a scholarship application form.
You only apply for a placement Offer at the Deakin University. If your application is successful, you will be considered for this scholarship.